FAQ: How to Renew
- What information do I need to renew?
- How do I renew my coverage?
- I didn't renew my children's coverage - can I reapply?
What information do I need to renew?
To renew your coverage, you will need the following information handy:
- Renewal Notice from your CHIP health insurance company
- Income amounts for your entire household before taxes - all forms of income (for example – your paycheck, social security, pension, workers' compensation, unemployment, child support, etc.)
- Social Security Numbers and birthdates for all applicants
- Day care expenses for your household (if any)
- Work transportation expenses for your household (if any)
- Private health insurance information (if you have or had private health insurance in the last six months)
How do I renew my coverage?
There are two different ways you can renew your child's CHIP health insurance.
RENEW ONLINE WITH COMPASS
After you complete your online renewal, remember to send or fax your proof of income to the address or fax number listed at the end of your online renewal form.
RENEW BY MAIL
Your CHIP health insurance company will send you a renewal form with your renewal notice. After your renewal form is complete, you will need to sign it and send it back with your proof of income. If you haven't received your renewal notice, call your CHIP health insurance company at the phone number listed on the back of your child's identification card. Then, ask them to send another renewal form.
Why do I need to renew?
To keep your children covered, you have to renew your CHIP coverage every year. It's not automatic. You will receive a renewal form 90 days before your coverage ends.
Learn more about renewing your coverage.
I didn't renew my children's coverage - can I reapply?
Yes. You can apply for CHIP online at www.compass.state.pa.us or by mail. Download the CHIP application or find a CHIP health insurance company in your county and give them a call. They will mail you an application.