For questions about coverage and benefits, contact a CHIP insurance company. Learn more about the companies offer CHIP in your county.
- Aetna (800-822-2447), fax (1-860-754-1055)
- Capital BlueCross (800-543-7101), fax (717-651-8592)
- First Priority Health (BCNEPA) (800-543-7199), fax (570-200-6785)
- Geisinger Health Plan (866-621-5235), fax (570-271-5970)
- Highmark Choice Company (800-543-7105), fax (1-866-308-1253)
- Keystone Health Plan East (IBC) (800-464-5437), fax (215-241-3679)
- KidzPartners (888-888-1211), fax (215-967-9281)
- UnitedHealthPlan of Pennsylvania (800-414-9025), fax (866-888-1129)
- UPMC for Kids (800-978-8762), fax (412-454-5937)
If you need to provide additional information in order to complete your application, use your insurance company's fax number listed above.
Call CHIP at 717-705-0009 or use our automated phone line at 800-986-KIDS (5437) and a CHIP representative will return your call within two business days.
If you applied for CHIP more than 30 days ago and haven’t received a response, please contact the CHIP health insurance company where you sent your application.
If you applied for CHIP more than 30 days ago and don’t know which CHIP insurance company received your application, find a CHIP health insurance company in your county. Then, call each company to locate your application and check the status.
If there is no record of your application, you may re-apply for CHIP or leave a message at 1-800-986-KIDS (5437). A CHIP representative will return your call within the next two business days.
TRANSFERS TO ANOTHER INSURANCE PROVIDER
If you would like to change your CHIP insurance provider, call your current provider and they will initiate the transfer.
CHIP Media Relations
If you are a reporter, please contact the press office at the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services at 717-425-7606. The press office is not able to provide any information related to CHIP application status inquiries.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you have questions about the CHIP program and how it works? Take a moment to review frequently asked questions.
Or view these common questions: