For questions about coverage and benefits, contact a CHIP insurance company. Learn more about the companies offer CHIP in your county.
- Aetna (800-822-2447)
- Capital BlueCross (800-543-7101)
- First Priority Health (BCNEPA) (800-543-7199)
- Geisinger Health Plan (866-621-5235)
- Highmark Blue Shield (Central PA) (800-543-7105)
- Keystone Health Plan West (800-543-7105)
- Keystone Health Plan East (IBC) (800-464-5437)
- KidzPartners (888-888-1211)
- UnitedHealthPlan of Pennsylvania (800-414-9025)
- UPMC for Kids (800-978-8762)
Call our automated phone line at 800-986-KIDS (5437) and a CHIP representative will return your call within two business days.
If you applied for CHIP more than 30 days ago and haven’t received a response, please contact the CHIP health insurance company where you sent your application.
If you applied for CHIP more than 30 days ago and don’t know which CHIP insurance company received your application, find a CHIP health insurance company in your county. Then, call each company to locate your application and check the status.
If there is no record of your application, you may re-apply for CHIP or leave a message at 1-800-986-KIDS (5437). A CHIP representative will return your call within the next two business days.
CHIP Media Relations
If you are a reporter, please contact the press office at the Pennsylvania Insurance Department Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The press office is not able to provide any information related to CHIP application status inquiries.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you have questions about the CHIP program and how it works? Take a moment to review frequently asked questions.
Or view these common questions: