When you renew your CHIP coverage, you're guaranteeing peace of mind. To keep your children covered, you have to renew every year. It's not automatic. Renewal forms will be sent to you 90 days before your coverage ends.
To renew your coverage, you will need the following information handy:
- Renewal Notice from your CHIP insurance company
- Income amounts for your entire household before taxes - all forms of income (for example – your paycheck, social security, pension, workers' compensation, unemployment, child support, etc.)
- Social Security Numbers and birthdates for all applicants
- Day care expenses for your household (if any)
- Work transportation expenses for your household (if any)
- Private health insurance information (if you have or had private health insurance in the last six months)
There are several different ways you can renew your child's CHIP insurance:
RENEW ONLINE WITH COMPASS
After you complete your online renewal, remember to send or fax your proof of income to the address or fax number listed at the end of your online renewal form.
RENEW BY MAIL
Your CHIP insurance company will send you a renewal form with your renewal notice. After your renewal form is complete, you will need to sign it and send it back with your proof of income. If you haven't received your renewal notice, call your CHIP health insurance company, at the phone number listed on the back of your child's identification card. Then, ask them to send another renewal form.
Have additional questions about renewing your coverage? Contact the CHIP health insurance company you selected.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you have questions about the CHIP program and how it works? Take a moment to review frequently asked questions.
For additional information find and contact a CHIP health insurance company in your area.