CHIP covers all uninsured children and teens in PA. It’s short for the Children's Health Insurance Program – Pennsylvania's program to provide health insurance to all uninsured children and teens who are not eligible for or enrolled in Medical Assistance. Regardless of the reasons your children might not have health insurance, CHIP may be able to help you. Watch our YouTube videos to see how CHIP covers childhood adventures!
In this section, you will find information about:
- The basics on CHIP, including whom the program is intended for, the coverage you can expect and more.
- How the CHIP program started and became what it is today.
- The COMPASS online application that makes it easy to apply for CHIP.
- The latest enrollment figures for CHIP.
- First-hand success stories from families benefiting from CHIP.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you have questions about the CHIP program and how it works? Take a moment to review frequently asked questions.
Or view these common questions: